What are Baby Gold Potatoes?
- Baby Gold Potatoes are tender spuds that have a slightly higher sugar content than their brown-skinned counterparts, which makes for a creamy and slightly sweet flavor.
How to Eat
- Simply boil, roast, or steam with the delicate, thin skin still on. Use in any dish calling for potatoes. Perfect for a side dish or potato salad.
- Good source of vitamin C, vitamin B6, and potassium.
How to Choose
- Choose firm, non-sprouting potatoes.
How to Store
- Store in a cool, dry, dark, well-vented area up to 1 month.
When are they in season?
Where are they grown?
- Product of U.S.A.
Tuna Salad Nicoise with Anchovy Dressing Ingredients: Lettuce leaves 1 1-pound package Frieda’s Baby Red Potatoes, cooked according to package directions and chilled 1 cup French-cut green beans, cooked and chilled 1 6-ounce can tuna or salmon, drained and deboned … Continue reading
Chicken Coconut Curry Ingredients: 1 pound small red potatoes, halved or quartered Coarse salt 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, sliced crosswise into 3/4-inch-wide strips 1 tablespoon curry powder 3 teaspoons vegetable oil 6 garlic cloves, minced 1/4 … Continue reading
Maple and Bacon Roasted Potatoes Ingredients: 1/2 pound bacon, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch strips 3 pounds Star Spangled Spuds, Fingerling Potatoes, Organic Klamath Pearl Potatoes, or Butter Babies™, washed 3 3-ounce bags Shallots, peeled and sliced crosswise into rings 1/2 cup … Continue reading