What is a Baby Pineapple?
- Adorable miniature pineapple grown exclusively in South Africa. Intensely sweet golden flesh and soft edible core. The entire fruit measures just 5 inches high.
How to Eat
- Use this superbly sweet pineapple as you would a regular pineapple. Also beautiful addition to fruit baskets or a decorative table centerpiece.
- Excellent source of vitamin C.
How to Choose
- Choose fruit that is golden in color and very aromatic.
How to Store
- Because pineapples develop dark spots from temperature changes, if it is purchased chilled, keep it refrigerated; and if it was bought at room temperature, keep it at room temperature.
When are they in season?
Where are they grown?
- Product of South Africa
Grilled Tropical Fruit Kebabs Exotic fruits get caramelized then drizzled with a zesty key lime-honey sauce for a sticky-sweet summer treat. Ingredients 1 pint cape gooseberries* (24 berries), husk removed and rinsed well (or 24 fresh lychee and/or rambutan, peeled … Continue reading
Papaya Fruit Meringues Ingredients: 2 Frieda’s Papayas or Zululand Queen Baby Pineapples, halved and seeded or cored 1 cup fresh Frieda’s Cherimoyas or Kiwifruit, or peaches or nectarines, chopped 3 egg whites 1/2 teaspoon vanilla 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar … Continue reading
Pineapple Coconut Smoothie Ingredients: 1 Young Coconut, liquid reserved (about 2 cups coconut water; 1 cup coconut meat) 2 Zululand Queen Baby Pineapples, peeled and chopped (about 1 1/2 cups) 1/2 banana, peeled and sliced into thick rounds 2 tablespoons … Continue reading