What is a Burro Banana?
- Burro bananas are more squared in shape than common yellow bananas. When ripe, the skin is yellow with black spots and the flesh is creamy white. It has a tangy, lemon-banana flavor and is generally soft, getting firmer towards the center.
How to Eat
- Enjoy alone, add to fruit salads, or use in recipes calling for bananas.
- Good source of potassium and fiber.
How to Choose
- Choose fruits relatively free from blemishes.
How to Store
- Ripen at room temperature until soft.
When are they in season?
Where are they grown?
- Product of Mexico and Equador