What is a Cara Cara Orange?
- Cara Cara oranges are navels with a reddish pink flesh. Their flavor resembles a rich orange taste with overtones of raspberries and strawberries.
How to Eat
- Peel and enjoy alone, add to fruit salads or juice.
- Good source of vitamin C.
How to Choose
- Choose oranges that feel heavy for their size. Squeeze gently to test firmness–not too hard and not mushy.
How to Store
- Refrigerate up to 8 weeks.
When are they in season?
- December through April
Where are they grown?
- Product of U.S.A.
Internet Explorer users may not be able to see this video.
Fruit Basket Crepes Ingredients: 8 Frieda’s French Style Crêpes, at room temperature 2 Kiwifruit or gold kiwifruit, peeled and diced 1 Asian pear, cored and diced 2 ripe bananas (or try red bananas), peeled and thinly sliced 1 navel orange … Continue reading
Citrus Salad with Lemon Crème Dressing Ingredients 2 blood oranges, cara cara, or regular oranges, peeled 1 oroblanco, or regular grapefruit, peeled Lettuce leaves or mixed greens 1/4 cup light mayonnaise or mayonnaise-style salad dressing 1/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt … Continue reading