What is a Key Lime?
- Key Lime, also known as Mexican Lime, is a special small lime variety known for its extra-juicy, fragrant flesh and small size. About the size of a ping pong ball, Key Limes have a thin skin that turns yellow as the fruit ripens. They are named after the Florida Keys, where the fruits are a popular ingredient for making classic Key Lime Pie.
How to Eat
- Use as you would regular limes (especially the zest!) for flavoring in drinks, desserts, or for seasoning.
- Great source of vitamin C.
How to Choose
- Choose fruit that feels heavy for its size.
How to Store
- Refrigerate, wrapped in plastic, for up to 1 month.
When are they in season?
Where are they grown?
- Product of U.S.A. and Mexico
Dragon Fruit Mojito Ingredients 6-8 mint leaves 2 teaspoons sugar 1/4 cup dragon fruit, preferably red flesh Juice of 1 lime or 2-3 key limes (about 1/2 oz. juice) 1 1/2 oz. (1 shot) Barcardi Dragon Berry Rum* Ice cubes … Continue reading
Dragon Fruit Habanero Salsa Ingredients 1 to 2 Dragon Fruit (white, red, or both), peeled and cut into small cubes (about 2 cups) 1 cup small cubes of Baby Pineapple or regular pineapple 1 small Shallot, peeled and finely chopped … Continue reading
Grilled Tropical Fruit Kebabs Exotic fruits get caramelized then drizzled with a zesty key lime-honey sauce for a sticky-sweet summer treat. Ingredients 1 pint cape gooseberries* (24 berries), husk removed and rinsed well (or 24 fresh lychee and/or rambutan, peeled … Continue reading
Pineapple Coconut Smoothie Ingredients: 1 Young Coconut, liquid reserved (about 2 cups coconut water; 1 cup coconut meat) 2 Zululand Queen Baby Pineapples, peeled and chopped (about 1 1/2 cups) 1/2 banana, peeled and sliced into thick rounds 2 tablespoons … Continue reading