What is a Vaniglia Orange?
- Known in Italian as Vaniglia Sanguigno–“Vanilla Blood”–this unique variation of the orange is sweet with very low acid and a hint of vanilla aroma. This round, medium-sized orange has smooth rind and large seeds, but what sets it apart is the internal flesh which has a pink hue that extends into the center of the fruit.
- Yes, they’re organic!
How to Eat
- Enjoy out of hand, or peel and slice into salads. Also excellent for juicing and garnishing.
- Excellent source of vitamin C.
How to Choose
- Choose oranges that feel heavy for their size.Give a gentle squeeze to make sure it’s firm–not rock solid or mushy.
How to Store
- Store in a cool, dry place and use within 1 week of purchase. Refrigerate for longer shelf life.
When are they in season?
- November through February
Where are they grown?
- Product of U.S.A.