What is a Red Banana?
- The Red Banana is squattier and heartier than the yellow banana. Red banana has a purplish or maroon skin when ripe. The flesh is cream-white color with a hue of light pink or pale orange. It has a slightly sweeter taste than a yellow banana and is not as astringent.
How to Eat
- Enjoy alone, add to fruit salads or use in recipes calling for bananas.
- Good source of vitamin C.
How to Choose
- Choose fruits relatively free from blemishes.
How to Store
- Ripen at room temperature until soft.
When are they in season?
Where are they grown?
- Product of Mexico, Colombia, and Ecuador
Fruit Basket Crepes Ingredients: 8 Frieda’s French Style Crêpes, at room temperature 2 Kiwifruit or gold kiwifruit, peeled and diced 1 Asian pear, cored and diced 2 ripe bananas (or try red bananas), peeled and thinly sliced 1 navel orange … Continue reading
Banana Filled Egg Rolls with Custard Sauce Ingredients: 4 large bananas Half (16 ounce) package Frieda’s Egg Roll Wrappers (8 Wrappers) 2 ounce (2 squares) semi-sweet baking chocolate, chopped; or ¼ cup chocolate chips or 1/4 cup chopped Frieda’s Crystallized … Continue reading