What are Star Spangled Spuds?
- This delicious combination of potatoes includes moist, buttery Yukon Golds, vivid and flavorful Purple Potatoes, and smooth and creamy Red Potatoes. Perfect for backyard barbecues, holiday celebrations, or simple family dinners!
How to Eat
- Bake, boil, roast, fork-mash, or use in any dish calling for potatoes. Try Frieda’s Red, White and Blue Potato Salad recipe.
- Carbohydrates in potatoes provide your body with fuel and energy.
How to Choose
- Choose firm, unblemished, non-sprouting potatoes.
How to Store
- Store in a cool, dry, dark, well-ventilated area to one month.
Smashed Potatoes Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, this recipe is a kids’ favorite. Change up seasoning to any herbs you like, or even Ranch seasoning. Ingredients 2 pounds (1 bag) Star Spangled Spuds, or other baby … Continue reading
Butterlicious Smashed Butter Babies™ Ingredients 1 1/2 pounds Butter Babies™ potatoes, thoroughly washed Large pinch of salt 2 tablespoons olive oil 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, or chives) Salt and pepper, to … Continue reading
Chicken Coconut Curry Ingredients: 1 pound small red potatoes, halved or quartered Coarse salt 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, sliced crosswise into 3/4-inch-wide strips 1 tablespoon curry powder 3 teaspoons vegetable oil 6 garlic cloves, minced 1/4 … Continue reading
Maple and Bacon Roasted Potatoes Ingredients: 1/2 pound bacon, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch strips 3 pounds Star Spangled Spuds, Fingerling Potatoes, Organic Klamath Pearl Potatoes, or Butter Babies™, washed 3 3-ounce bags Shallots, peeled and sliced crosswise into rings 1/2 cup … Continue reading
Sun-dried Tomato Potato Salad Ingredients: 1 2-pound bag Frieda’s Star Spangled Spuds 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and sliced 1 leek, trimmed and thinly sliced (white part only) 1/3 cup plain yogurt or light sour cream 2 tablespoons … Continue reading
Red, White and Blue Potato Salad Ingredients: 1 2-pound bag Frieda’s Star Spangled Spuds 3/4 cup chopped green onions, divided 2/3 cup sour cream 1/3 cup mayonnaise 3 tablespoon white wine vinegar 3 teaspoon Dijon mustard 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar … Continue reading