What is a Sugar Snap Pea?
- Sugar Snaps are crisp, edible pea pods filled with tiny, sweet, crunchy peas. These particular peas are relatively stringless and are a cross between Chinese snow peas and English peas.
How to Eat
- Snip off stem ends and remove string if present. Enjoy alone as a snack with sauce for dipping. Sugar snap peas may be added to salads and stir-frys, steamed or lightly cooked in sauce.
- High in vitamin C, vitamin A and fiber.
How to Choose
- Choose smooth, bright green pods that are filled with peas.
How to Store
- Refrigerate in plastic bag for up to 5 days.
When are they in season?
Where are they grown?
- Product of U.S.A, Mexico, and Guatemala
Red Onion & Snap Pea Salad Ingredients 2 cups torn romaine lettuce 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced bok choy leaves and stems 1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas, halved crosswise, stringed and blanched if desired 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced … Continue reading
Snap and Crisp Endive Appetizers Ingredients: 2 Heads Frieda’s Belgian Endive 3 3-ounce packages Frieda’s Sugar Snap® Peas 1 4-ounce package soft herb flavored cheese Half of an 8-ounce package soft cream cheese 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard Fresh herb sprigs … Continue reading
Cheese Stuffed Sugar Snap Pods Ingredients: 2 4-ounce packages Frieda’s Sugar Snap Peas 1 8-ounce package ricotta cheese 1 3-ounce package cream cheese Dash of garlic and onion powder 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves, crushed 1/4 teaspoon celery salt 1 … Continue reading
Green, White and Orange Veggie Pearls Ingredients: 4 ounce Frieda’s Sugar Snap® Peas 12 ounce Frieda’s Red, Gold, or White Pearl Onions 1 cup whole peeled baby carrots 1 tablespoon butter or margarine 1 tablespoon Frieda’s Fresh Basil, chopped or … Continue reading
Squash & Summer Vegetable Medley Ingredients: 2 pounds Frieda’s Squash (such as Kabocha, Acorn, Buttercup, Banana, or Butternut), halved 1 cup carrots, julienne-cut 1 cup Frieda’s Sugar Snap Peas, halved crosswise 1/2 cup Frieda’s Pearl Onions 1/2 cup whole kernel … Continue reading
Stir-Fried Sugar Snap Peas Ingredients: ½ pound (8 ounce) Frieda’s Sugar Snap Peas, stringed 2-3 Frieda’s Fresh Water Chestnuts, peeled and sliced (or half of 8 oz can) 1 ½ tablespoons cooking oil 2 tablespoons Frieda’s Shallots, finely chopped ½ … Continue reading