What are Baby Green Artichokes?
- These baby green artichokes still have the earthy, nutty flavor of regular-sized artichokes. They are more tender and are perfect for single servings or appetizers.
How to Eat
- Remove outer leaves to get to the pale yellow part. Trim off the green stem and about 1/4 inch off the tips. Rub cut sides with lemon, or soak the cut artichokes in lemon water.
- Fry leaves in high heat for crispy artichokes. Braise with olive oil, garlic and herbs; include in risotto; or steam or grill for a small appetizer or side dish.
- Good source of fiber.
How to Choose
- Choose firm, thin leaves with bright green color. Avoid product with discoloration, brown coloring or holes in the leaves.
How to Store
- Store them unwashed in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Braised Chicken & Baby Artichokes Ingredients 1 lemon, halved 1 pound Fiesole Baby Purple Artichokes or Baby Green Artichokes 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste 2 each skinless, bone-in chicken breast halves, thighs, and drumsticks … Continue reading
Raw Baby Artichoke Salad Ingredients 4 Fiesole Baby Purple Artichokes or Baby Green Artichokes 1 tablespoon lemon juice 1 small garlic clove, mashed to a paste (optional) Salt and pepper, to taste 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil 2 handfuls arugula … Continue reading
Baby Purple Artichoke Salad Original recipe and photo by Cookistry Ingredients 1 pound Fiesole baby purple artichokes or baby green artichokes Juice of 1 lemon, such as seedless lemon 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 onion, large dice 1 red pepper, … Continue reading
Roasted Baby Purple Artichoke Black Rice Salad Original recipe and photo by Rachel / Fuji Mama. Ingredients: Roasted Baby Purple Artichokes 1 pound Fiesole Baby Purple Artichokes or Baby Green Artichokes 2 Meyer Lemons 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil 2 … Continue reading
Tequila Lime Roasted Baby Artichokes Original recipe and photo by Laura Bashar / Family Spice Ingredients: 1 pound Fiesole Baby Purple Artichokes or Baby Green Artichokes 1/2 cup Fresh Mint (optional) 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil 1/4 cup mayonnaise 2 … Continue reading
Braised Baby Purple Artichokes Original recipe and photo of “Braised Baby Purple Artichokes” by Laura Bashar / Family Spice Ingredients: 1 pound Frieda’s Fiesole Baby Purple Artichokes or Baby Green Artichokes 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil 1/4 teaspon salt 1/8 … Continue reading
Baby Vegetable Antipasto Ingredients: Marinade 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped 1 tablespoon Fresh Basil, chopped 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil 1/2 teaspoon salt Dash of sugar Dash of freshly ground black pepper 1 garlic … Continue reading
Crispy Baby Artichokes Ingredients: 10 Frieda’s Fiesole Baby Purple Artichokes or Baby Green Artichokes Extra-virgin olive oil 6 cloves fresh garlic, peeled Few sprigs of fresh Italian parsley 1 teaspoon sea salt 1/2 teaspoon pepper Steps: Wash artichokes. Trim stems, … Continue reading