What is a Baby (niño) banana?
- Niños are short, chubby bananas about 3 inches long. They are green when unripe but will turn bright yellow when they are ready to eat, but may develop some black spots. They have a rich, sweet banana flavor with a soft, creamy texture.
How to Eat
- Enjoy alone, add to fruit salads or use in recipes calling for bananas.
- Good source of fiber and potassium.
How to Choose
- Choose fruits relatively free from blemishes.
How to Store
- Ripen at room temperature until soft.
When are they in season?
Where are they grown?
- Product of Ecuador, Mexico, Colombia, and U.S.A.