What are Baby Purple Brussels Sprouts?
- These beautiful little Brussels sprouts are in beautiful shades of purple from dark purple to red-violet, mixed in with bright green. They are sweeter and less pungent than the bigger green cousin.
How to Eat
- Baby purple Brussels sprouts maintains most of their colors during cooking so they are perfect for roasting, sauteing, and frying. They are also beautiful to add to salad raw, thinly sliced or shaved.
- Already a very good source of Fiber, folate, and vitamin A, C, K, and B6, the purple pigment provides added antioxidants.
How to Choose
- Look for bright colored sprouts that are firm and tightly packed.
How to Store
- Keep in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
When are they in season?
- September through March
Where are they grown?
- Product of U.S.A.
Baby Purple Brussels Sprouts with Polenta Original recipe and photo by Eric Samuelson / Eat Like No One Else ingredients 12 ounces baby purple Brussels sprouts, halved (or regular brussels sprouts, quartered) 1 pound Frieda’s Organic Polenta Salt and pepper, … Continue reading