What is a Banana pepper?
- This fresh, yellow pepper comes both sweet and hot. The sweet form is generally called the banana chile, while the hot variety is the Hungarian wax chile. Both will turn red when fully mature. Heat is 3 out of 10 on the Scoville heat scale.
How to Eat
- Stuff with soft cheeses for appetizers or cut into salads. Good for pickling.
- Good source of vitamins A and C.
How to Choose
- Choose chiles with smooth, firm, unblemished skins.
How to Store
- Store refrigerated, unwrapped up to 2 weeks.