What is a Black Radish?
- These rather large radishes are sooty-black on the outside and white within, resembling turnips. Their flavor can be almost as pungent as horseradish. Raw black radishes should be salted to tame their peppery bite.
How to Eat
- Scrub and trim radishes then roast whole or in chunks, or grate, slice, or dice into salads. To help take down the pungency a notch, sprinkle with salt before serving.
- High in fiber and vitamin C.
How to Choose
- Choose firm radishes with unblemished skins.
How to Store
- Refrigerate in plastic wrap up to 2 to 3 weeks.
When are they in season?
Where are they grown?
- Product of U.S.A.