What is a Peil de Sapo (Camouflage) melon?
- This oblong Spanish-style melon has a green patterned skin. It is also known as Piel de Sapo, Santa Claus, Christmas or Frog Skin, and has pale green to white flesh that is very sweet, juicy and tender. Piel de Sapo literally translates to “Skin of Toad.”
How to Eat
- Peel and eat or serve as you would honeydew or cantaloupe melons.
- Good source of vitamin C.
How to Choose
- Choose firm melons with even skin color and store at room temperature.
How to Store
- Refrigerate cut melon up to 3 days.
When are they in season?
- June through July
Where are they grown?
- Product of U.S.A.