What is a Carolina Reaper Pepper?
- Currently the hottest commercially-grown pepper in the world, the Carolina Reaper is a cross between the ghost pepper and the red habanero. The Reaper has bumpy skin with a signature “stinger” at the bottom.
- Oh yes, this little hot pepper beats out Trinidad scorpion and ghost peppers on the heat scale. The official Guinness World Record heat level is 1,569,300 Scoville Heat Units–that is 100 times hotter than a jalapeno!
How to Eat
- Use sparingly in salsas, chili, soups, chutneys and a variety of spicy dishes. CAUTION: Wear gloves when handling this ultra-hot pepper. Make sure your kitchen is well ventilated. Never touch your eyes, nose or mouth directly after handling hot peppers.
- Hot peppers are packed with capsaicin, which is being studied for its pain-relieving properties.
How to Choose
- Choose chiles with firm skins.
How to Store
- Store refrigerated up to 2 weeks.
When are they in season?
- June through November
Where are they grown?
- Product of The Netherlands
Watch our team taste the Carolina Reaper