What is a Cayenne pepper?
- These are red pods that can grow from 4 to 12 inches long. Dried Cayenne Pepper is also available but not in great volume. It is traditionally used to make cayenne chile powder, a powerfully hot seasoning used in Latin and Creole or Cajun cooking. Heat is 7-8 out of 10 on the Scoville heat scale.
How to Eat
- Chop into stews, salsas and sauces.
- Excellent source of vitamin A.
How to Choose
- Choose chiles with smooth, firm, unblemished flesh.
How to Store
- Store refrigerated, unwrapped up to 2 weeks.