What is a Chestnut?
- Chestnut shells are brown with a round shape, coming to a point at the top. The nuts are round, white and usually less than one inch in diameter. Chestnuts have a subtle sweet flavor and creamy texture.
How to Eat
- To peel: slit shells and boil, roast or bake for 20 minutes. Use whole, chopped, pureed, or mashed in stuffing, puddings, desserts, soups, or served with root vegetables.
- Good source of dietary fiber and rich in vitamin C.
How to Choose
- Choose firm nuts with no soft spots, splitting, or mold.
How to Store
- Keep at room temperature or refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
When are they in season?
- October through December
Where are they grown?
- Product of Korea