What is a Chilaca Pasilla Chile?
- The fresh Chilaca is also known as Pasilla, which means “little raisin” in Spanish. The chile takes on a raisin-like aroma and similar color when dried. Chilaca is the traditional variety of chile used in making mole (mo-lay) sauces. Heat is 3-4 out of 10 on the Scoville heat scale.
How to Eat
- Chop into sauces, dressings or purée for mole sauces.
- Excellent source of vitamin A.
How to Choose
- Choose chiles with smooth, firm, unblemished skins.
How to Store
- Store refrigerated, unwrapped up to 2 weeks.