What is a Durian?
- This fruit can reach the size of a basketball and is oval with a thorny, green to brownish skin. The interior sections contain thick, yellow, soft, sweet flesh, but it has a really foul smell. Only available in frozen or canned form in the U.S.
How to Eat
- Enjoy pulp alone or deep fry, use in cake, candy, ice cream, or drink recipes. But beware of the awful odor!
- Durian is low in cholesterol and sodium.
How to Choose
- Select unblemished, whole fruits.
How to Store
- Keep frozen or defrost and refrigerate up to 3 days. If fresh, keep at room temperature up to 5 days.
When are they in season?
Where are they grown?
- Product of Thailand