What are Fingerling Potatoes?
- Originating in the Andes mountains of Peru, Fingerling Potatoes are a culinary star with unique flavor profiles and excellent texture. Fingerling Potatoes are slender, thin-skinned potatoes with a rich and buttery flavor. They are available in a variety of yellow, red, and purple colors. Russian Banana, Ruby Crescent, Purple Peruvian & French are popular varieties.
- Also available in organic.
How to Eat
- Try them baked, roasted, grilled, steamed, fried, sautéed, boiled or mashed. Slice them into salads and soups, or even as pizza topping.
- Rich in vitamin C and good source of fiber.
How to Choose
- Choose potatoes that are firm without sprouting or sponginess.
How to Store
- If refrigerated at store level, refrigerate at home. If kept dry at store level, keep in a cool, dry, dark place at home.
When are they in season?
Where are they grown?
- Product of U.S.A.
Oven-Roasted Rosemary Potatoes Ingredients 1 1/2-pound bag Frieda’s Fingerling Potatoes 2 tablespoons olive oil 1/2 tablespoon salt 1/4 tablespoon black pepper, ground 2 tablespoons chopped Fresh Rosemary Steps Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash potatoes and pat dry. Cut potatoes … Continue reading
Chicken Coconut Curry Ingredients: 1 pound small red potatoes, halved or quartered Coarse salt 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, sliced crosswise into 3/4-inch-wide strips 1 tablespoon curry powder 3 teaspoons vegetable oil 6 garlic cloves, minced 1/4 … Continue reading
Maple and Bacon Roasted Potatoes Ingredients: 1/2 pound bacon, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch strips 3 pounds baby potatoes or Fingerling Potatoes 3 3-ounce bags Shallots, peeled and sliced crosswise into rings 1/2 cup pure maple syrup 2 tablespoons unsalted butter 3/4 … Continue reading
Finnish Potatoes Superb Ingredients: 1 garlic clove cut in half Butter or margarine 1pound (2 ½ to 3 cups) thinly sliced Frieda’s® Yellow-Finnish Potatoes, or white potatoes 8 to 10 sprigs Frieda’s® Fresh Basil leaves, or 1 teaspoon crushed dried … Continue reading
Finnish Potato Salad Ingredients: 1 pound package Frieda’s Yellow Finnish Potatoes, cubed 2 zucchini, cut into bite-sized sticks 1 red or green bell pepper, seeded and cut into bite-sized strips 1 Cup sliced ripe olives 1 cup mayonnaise or salad … Continue reading
Garlicky Potatoes Mediterranean Ingredients: 12 ounces Frieda’s Fingerling Potatoes, cut into 1 ½-inch pieces 1 small eggplant, peeled and cut into 3 x ½-inch sticks 2 bell peppers, any color cut into 1-inch squares 1 cup sliced red onion 2 … Continue reading
Roasted Aioli Pearl Potatoes Ingredients: 1.5 pounds Organic Klamath Pearl Potatoes 1 tablespoon olive oil 2 tablespoon butter, melted 3 tablespoon mayonnaise 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped Salt and pepper … Continue reading
Grilled Potato Skewers Ingredients: 2 pounds of Fingerling Potatoes (or other baby potatoes) 1/4 cup olive oil 1 teaspoon paprika 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar Salt and pepper, to taste 6 to 8 skewers Black Garlic Mayonnaise Steps: Parboil potatoes for … Continue reading
Mexican Vegetable Sauté Ingredients: 2 tablespoons vegetable oil 1/2 cup chopped onions 1 to 2 Frieda’s Elephant Garlic Cloves, peeled, halved and thinly sliced 1 to 2 Frieda’s Fresh Chiles (such as Jalapeño, Serrano, or Fresno) seeded and cut into … Continue reading
Mustard Roasted Fingerling Potatoes Ingredients: 2 (1.5 pound) bags Frieda’s Fingerling Potatoes (any variety), halved 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided 3/4 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon black pepper 6 teaspoons whole grain Dijon mustard The zest and juice of 1 small … Continue reading