Few foods can deliver the exquisitely bold and aromatic flavor of garlic. From whole-roasted bulbs and aged black garlic to sweet and mellow Elephant Garlic to a wide array of prepared garlic sauces, dressings and seasonings, culinary creators continue to come up with more ways to enjoy and celebrate this magical vegetable-herb.
There’s no better reason than National Garlic Day to sink your teeth into some garlicky goodness. Here are 7 ideas for enjoying the great “Stinking Rose” on April 19th:
1. Begin with a garlicky spinach-artichoke dip served with crisp veggie sticks (Frieda’s Delight-ful Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe).
2. Continue on with toasted baguette slices spread with oven-roasted Elephant Garlic – sweet and mellow!
3. Kick it up a notch with shrimp skewers slathered with a chipotle-garlic sauce (Garlic Delight Chipotle flavor).
4. Keep munching with sun-dried tomato and garlic sliders (BLT Burger Delight recipe).
5. Add a side of oven-roasted vegetables like cauliflower and fingerling potato fries with a flavorful garlic dipping sauce such as garlic aioli or Lebanese-style “toum” like Frieda’s Garlic Delight.
6. Fill up with a savory Mediterranean pasta salad tossed with olives, tomatoes and fresh garlic or a garlicky-green olive tapenade-style dressing (Frieda’s Garlic Delight Green Olive).
7. Round out your garlic journey with a Roma tomato slice topped with a dab of garlic paste and a caper on top.
(Warning: Just be sure that your friends and significant others also partake in the celebration. Garlic Breath should never be a solo affair!)