What are Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes?
- The numerous heirloom varieties offer a diverse array of sizes, shapes, flavors and textures. Heirloom cherry tomatoes tend to be more flavorful than many standard small tomatoes.
- Heirloom tomatoes are grown from older tomato cultivars in smaller quantities. Unlike modern hybrid varieties, they come from seed and are grown for their flavor, rather than shelf-life.
How to Eat
- Perfect in salad or pasta, or fresh as a snack.
- Rich in vitamins A and C and good source of potassium.
How to Store
- Store at room temperature. Do not refrigerate (only refrigerate once cut). Refrigeration causes the texture to become mealy.
When are they in season?
Where are they grown?
- Product of U.S.A., Mexico, and Canada.
Mini Eggplant and Tomato Stew Ingredients 1 lb. Mini graffiti eggplants or a medium graffiti eggplant 1/2 lb. plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise (or try using whole heirloom cherry tomatoes!) 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar 3 garlic cloves, … Continue reading
Squash & Summer Vegetable Medley Ingredients: 2 pounds Frieda’s Squash (such as Kabocha, Acorn, Buttercup, Banana, or Butternut), halved 1 cup carrots, julienne-cut 1 cup Frieda’s Sugar Snap Peas, halved crosswise 1/2 cup Frieda’s Pearl Onions 1/2 cup whole kernel … Continue reading