What is a Hungarian Wax Chile?
- This fresh, yellow pepper comes both sweet and hot. The sweet form is generally called the Banana Pepper while the hot variety is the Hungarian Wax. Both will turn red when fully mature. They are used fresh in salads or are stuffed with a cream cheese filling for an appetizer called botanas in Mexico. Heat is 4-6 out of 10 on the Scoville heat scale.
How to Eat
- Good substitute for jalapeño peppers. They are good for pickling and stuffing.
- Excellent source of vitamins A and C.
How to Choose
- Choose peppers with smooth, firm, unblemished skins.
How to Store
- Store refrigerated, unwrapped up to 2 weeks.