What is Kimchi?
- Kimchi is a pickled Korean relish or salad made with Napa Cabbage, chiles and spices, which is fermented and jarred. The result is a wonderfully crunchy, spicy and bubbly vegetable salad.
- Gluten-free. No MSG or preservatives.
How to Eat
- Use as a relish or side salad. Kimchi makes a great accompaniment to Korean-style beef and pork dishes.
- Fermented foods like Kimchi and Sauerkraut are believed to be beneficial to the digestive tract by creating an environment where good bacteria can flourish.
How to Choose
- Select jars within expiration date; keep refrigerated.
How to Store
- Frieda’s Kimchi is in continuous fermentation. A small amount of leakage around the lid is normal. It must be kept refrigerated and used within the expiration date. We recommend that you open Kimchi over a sink, as bubbling and fizzing is normal when it is opened. (If exposed to heat, or jostled, the product may burst when jar is opened.) Once opened, return to the refrigerator and use within 2-3 weeks.
When are they in season?
Where are they grown?
- Product of U.S.A.