What is a Mamey Sapote?
- Also known as the “chocolate cherimoya,” this tropical fruit has scruffy brown skin with a salmon pink pulp and a sweet almond-like flavor. The flavors are reminiscent of honey, persimmon and sweet potato.
How to Eat
- Cut lengthwise and remove seed. Enjoy alone or use in ice cream, sherbets, drinks and desserts.
- Excellent source of vitamin C.
How to Choose
- Choose firm fruits where skin is turning red.
How to Store
- Store at room temperature for up to 1 week until soft. Chill to serve.