What is a Manzano pepper?
- Manzano peppers are relatives of the hot and spicy South American rocoto pepper and are used most often in their fresh form because the pods are so thick and have a meaty interior. They are unusual in that the internal seeds are black. It turns to a yellow-orange color when reaching maturity and they are a 5 out of 10 on the heat scale.
How to Eat
- Perfect for making hot salsas.
- Excellent source of vitamin A.
How to Choose
- Choose peppers with smooth, deeply colored, firm, unblemished skins.
How to Store
- Store refrigerated, in a sealed bag, for up to 2 weeks, or in freezer bags and freeze for up to a year.