What is a Medjool Date?
- Prized for their large size, plump texture and rich, sweet flavor, Medjool Dates are the diamonds of the date world. The fruit of the date palm, these dried delicacies have a caramel-like flavor and moist, soft texture.
How to Eat
- Eat out of hand (careful – large seed inside) or add to desserts, muffins, cereals, and cakes. In recipes that include both dates and sugar, Medjools can take the place of sugar due to their naturally high sugar content.
- Dates are an excellent source of potassium.
How to Choose
- Choose dates that are plump, soft, and well colored.
How to Store
- For freshness, keep dates refrigerated in an air-tight container. Sugar crystallization begins to form over time, but does not affect flavor.
When are they in season?
Where are they grown?
- Product of U.S.A.