What is an Orange Habanero pepper?
- Habaneros are super HOT — 100 times hotter than a jalapeño! They are a popular ingredient in the cuisines of Mexico, Asia and the Caribbean. Habaneros have a fierce, intense heat with distinctive fruity notes. On a heat scale of 1 to 10, Habaneros are a 9!
How to Eat
- Use sparingly in salsas, chili, soups, chutneys and a variety of spicy dishes. Always handle peppers with caution – gloves are recommended, especially when cutting, and especially with Habaneros! Never touch your eyes, nose or mouth directly after handling hot peppers.
- Hot peppers, like Habaneros, are packed with capsaicin, which is being studied for its pain-relieving properties. Habaneros are also high in vitamin C.
How to Choose
- Choose peppers with smooth, firm, unblemished skins.
How to Store
- Store refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
When are they in season?
Where are they grown?
- Product of U.S.A. and Mexico
Dragon Fruit Habanero Salsa Ingredients 1 to 2 Dragon Fruit (white, red, or both), peeled and cut into small cubes (about 2 cups) 1 cup small cubes of Baby Pineapple or regular pineapple 1 small Shallot, peeled and finely chopped … Continue reading
Hot! Hot! Hot! Habanero Cheddar Spoon Bread Ingredients: 1 Frieda’s Dried Habanero Chile 2 cups water 1 cup yellow or white cornmeal 1 teaspoon salt 1 cup cold milk 2 eggs, well-beaten 1 tablespoon minced green onion 2 teaspoons baking … Continue reading
Habanero Salsa Ingredients: 1 Frieda’s Habanero Chile 2 cups diced tomatoes 1/2 cup diced red onion 1 tablespoon chopped Frieda’s Fresh Cilantro 1/2 teaspoon salt Steps: (NOTE: Use gloves at all times when handling Habanero chiles. Do not rub skin, … Continue reading
Habanero Pepper Sauce Ingredients: 1 cup finely minced onion 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh cilantro 1 fresh orange habanero pepper, seeded and very finely chopped 1 clove garlic, minced 3 tablespoons olive oil 2 tablespoons orange juice 1 tablespoon lemon or … Continue reading
Habanero Bean Dip Ingredients: 1 11-ounce package Blackeyed Peas or black beans, cooked and drained 1/3 cup Frieda’s Marinated Dried Tomatoes, drained and chopped 1/3 cup red or green bell pepper, chopped 1/4 cup red onion, minced 1/2 to 1 … Continue reading
Habanero Chile Chili (Vegetarian) Ingredients: 1 1/2 tablespoons cooking oil 1 package Yves Meatless Ground Round Original (or other vegetarian ground meat alternative) 1 cup chopped onion 1 cup chopped red and/or green bell pepper 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 … Continue reading
Habanero Chile Chili Ingredients: 3 tablespoons vegetable oil 1 pound lean round steak, cubed 1 cup chopped yellow onion 1 cup chopped red and/or green bell peppers 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 16-ounce can kidney beans and its juices 2 … Continue reading
Cuban Black Bean Dip Ingredients: 1 11-ounce package black beans, cooked according to package directions and cooled 1/3 cup chopped tomato 1/3 cup chopped red or green bell pepper 1/4 cup minced red onion 1 clove Elephant Garlic, peeled and … Continue reading