What is a Sapote?
- This tropical fruit, native to Central America, resembles an apple and has a thin, edible skin. The creamy flesh is custard-like with banana, peach and coconut flavors. You can find Sapote ranging from green to yellow in color, green skin being more sour and yellow skin being more sweet.
How to Eat
- Eat alone or use in smoothies, fruit salads or jams.
- An excellent source of fiber and vitamin A.
How to Choose
- Choose firm fruit that is green to yellow in color. Avoid fruit that is soft or bruised.
How to Store
- Leave at room temperature, uncovered, until ripe (it ripens quickly!). Once ripe, refrigerate, unwashed in a plastic bag for several days.
When are they in season?
- Very limited; not currently distributed by Frieda’s
Where are they grown?
- Product of U.S.A.