What is a Satsuma Mandarin?
- Satsuma Mandarins are a hybrid between a mandarin and a sweet orange. They have a pale, orange skin that is slightly baggy and easy to peel. Very sweet and juicy, they are virtually seedless.
How to Eat
- Peel and enjoy alone, add to fruit salads or make juice.
- Excellent source of vitamin C.
How to Choose
- Choose Satsumas that are vibrant in color with a little gloss and a moderately rough surface.
How to Store
- Store at room temperature up to 5 days, out of direct air contact to avoid shriveling.