What is a Shishito Pepper?
- This mild and sweet fresh chile has a thin wall with a bright green, bumpy skin and is completely edible, including the seeds. However, about 1 out of 10 peppers could be of medium heat.
How to Eat
- Charring brings out the flavors of these mild peppers. For a quick appetizer, roast them in a pan, in the oven, or on the grill until they’re blistered and brown. Sprinkle with sea salt. Also use as a condiment or chop into salads, tomato sauces or seafood dishes.
- Excellent source of vitamin C.
How to Choose
- Choose chiles with smooth, firm, unblemished skins.
How to Store
- Store refrigerated, unwrapped up to 2 weeks.
When are they in season?
- Year-round with occasional gaps
Where are they grown?
- Product of Mexico
Blistered Shishito Peppers Ingredients 1 pint (about 2 cups) Shishito Peppers, washed and let dry 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil Sea salt, to taste Seasoning variations Freshly grated parmesan and a squeeze of lemon A drizzle of sesame oil and … Continue reading