What is a Smartichoke™?
- A specially wrapped, medium-sized green artichoke with a red pop-up timer to take the guesswork out of cooking. Done in just 5 minutes in the microwave!
How to Eat
- Do not remove or puncture film. Set a Smartichoke on a plate and microwave on high for 3 to 6 minutes or until red timer pops. (Cooking time will vary depending on the microwave.) Caution: Watch out for steam! Carefully remove and discard film and timer. Serve cooked Smartichoke with one or a selection of dipping sauces. To eat the artichoke heart, remove choke—the fuzzy center—with a spoon or fork.
- Excellent source of vitamin C, source of potassium, and rich in fiber.
How to Choose
- Choose artichokes that are heavy for their size.
How to Store
- Keep refrigerated in plastic film for up to 5 days.
When are they in season?
Where are they grown?
- Product of U.S.A.
Internet Explorer users may not be able to view this video.
Grilled Garlic Artichokes Original recipe by Sharon Palmer, R.D. Ingredients 2 large artichokes, such as Sangria artichokes, Fiore Viola artichokes, or globe artichokes (or use 2 Smartichokes™) 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar 2 cloves … Continue reading
Maria’s Stuffed Artichokes Recipe by Maria’s Italian Kitchen (©2012 Maria’s Holding Corporation) Ingredients 1 cup olive oil 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic 1/2 tablespoon anchovy paste or 1 anchovy filet (If you choose not to add anchovy, add extra cheese … Continue reading