What is a sweet lime?
- Just call me “mellow yellow” … These low-acid, fragrant limes originated in India where they were used for the soothing effects in healing tonics. Also known as Palestine sweet limes, this unique limes have no sour tartness. Mild, sweet and refreshing!
How to Eat
- Enjoy out of hand like a fresh orange — no puckering! Also a great addition to drinks and cocktails.
- Prized for centuries for their soothing properties.
How to Choose
- Sweet limes turn yellow and sweeter as they ripen. If skin is green, allow to ripen at room temperature until it turns yellow.
How to Store
- Store refrigerated in a plastic bag for up to 2 weeks.
When are they in season?
- November – January
Where are they grown?
- Product of U.S.A.