What is a Ya Pear?
- Ya Pear is a type of Asian Pear with a traditional European pear shape and a thin white or pale green skin. The flesh is white, crisp and juicy with a sweet honey-like flavor.
How to Eat
- Best enjoyed out of hand or added cold in dishes.
- Good source of vitamin C.
How to Store
- Keep refrigerated and consume within a few days of purchasing them. These pears are meant to be crispy. They should not be soft like a ripe European pear.
When are they in season?
- The U.S.A. ya pears are available September and October, and the China ya pears are available November through March.
Where are they grown?
- Product of China and U.S.A.