What is a Yellow Cubanelle pepper?
- Cubanelle Peppers are long, tapered at the end and are pale to medium yellow in color. These peppers are a 6 out of 10 on the Scoville heat scale.
How to Eat
- These peppers are great chopped into salad dressings, placed over vegetables or baked into cornbread. Add to salsas and Latin dishes, also ideal for stuffing and used in mole sauces.
- Excellent source of vitamins A and C.
How to Choose
- Choose peppers that are firm, unwrinkled, with shiny skins. Dry lines or striations are not blemishes, but a sign of hotness.
How to Store
- Store the pepper in a refrigerator wrapped in paper towels. To freeze: place in water to cover for 5 minutes, drain and freeze 3 or 4 in a plastic bag. If frozen without using this blanching process, peppers will lose their spicy flavor.
Salsa Serrano (Mexican Chile Sauce) Ingredients: 6 Frieda’s Yellow Chiles 6 Frieda’s Serrano Chiles 2 green bell peppers 2 large red tomatoes, chopped 1 cup minced onion 2 cloves garlic, minced 3 tablespoons lime juice Steps: Preheat broiler. Pierce chiles … Continue reading