What is a Baby Kiwifruit?
- Baby Kiwifruit, also known as Kiwi berry, is a mini relative of the conventional Kiwifruit without the fuzzy skin. Hand picked, this delicious, delicate berry has a super sweet flavor with hints of strawberry and melon and a creamy texture.
How to Eat
- This tiny bite sized fruit is perfect as a snack or added whole to fruit salads and cheese plates. Add to smoothies or create jams, jellies and chutneys. Toss into sauces or sautés.
- High in vitamin C and potassium.
How to Choose
- Choose firm fruits.
How to Store
- Keep at room temperature to ripen. Then refrigerate up to 3 days.
When are they in season?
- September to October and February to April.
Where are they grown?
- U.S.A. baby kiwifruit are available September to October, and New Zealand and Chile baby kiwifruit are available February to April.
Caribbean Dessert Pizza Ingredients One 20-ounce package refrigerated, rolled, sugar cookie dough One 4-serving package instant vanilla pudding 1 3/4 cups low-fat milk 8-10 baby kiwifruit, halved 1 mango, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced 1/2 cup sliced strawberries Frozen whipped … Continue reading
Rainbow Fruit and Endive Salad Ingredients: 3 – 4 Frieda’s Belgian Endives 1 Frieda’s Golden Sunrise Papaya or 1/2 Mexican Papaya, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced crosswise 3 – 4 Frieda’s Baby Kiwifruit, stems removed 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges, … Continue reading
Salade Aux Fruits Ingredients Romaine or bibb lettuce leaves 1 Asian pear, cored and thinly sliced 1/2 pineapple, cut into 2-inch slices 1 Miradol, golden sunrise, or Hawaiian papaya, peeled, seeded, and sliced 1 starfruit, sliced, or 2 baby kiwi, … Continue reading
Internet Explorer users may not be able to view this video.