What is a Green Dragon Apple?
- Originating in Japan, the Green Dragon Apple was named after the Chinese symbol for royalty.The Green Dragon Apple, an heirloom variety, resembles a lime green Golden Delicious, dotted with brown freckles. It has a firm, white, bruise-resistant flesh and a sweet, low-acid flavor with tropical undertones, such as pineapple along with a hint of pear. The sweet and crisp, juicy texture will leave your taste buds wanting more.
- Freckles are normal.
How to Eat
- Enjoy out of hand or use in baking. Use in any preparation that calls for apples.
- Supplies fiber and is a source of vitamin C.
How to Choose
- Select firm, shiny-skinned fruit with no visible signs of bruising. Freckles are normal!
How to Store
- Refrigerate up to a couple of weeks.
When are they in season?
- October through November. Product of USA.
Where are they grown?
Internet Explorer users may not be able to view this video.