What is a Green Dragon Apple?
- Originating in Japan, the Green Dragon Apple was named after the Chinese symbol for royalty.The Green Dragon Apple, an heirloom variety, resembles a lime green Golden Delicious, dotted with brown freckles. It has a firm, white, bruise-resistant flesh and a sweet, low-acid flavor with tropical undertones, such as pineapple along with a hint of pear. The sweet and crisp, juicy texture will leave your taste buds wanting more.
- Freckles are normal.
How to Eat
- Enjoy out of hand or use in baking. Use in any preparation that calls for apples.
- Supplies fiber and is a source of vitamin C.
How to Choose
- Choose firm, shiny-skinned fruit with no visible signs of bruising. Freckles are normal!
How to Store
- Refrigerate up to a couple of weeks.
When are they in season?
- October through November
Where are they grown?
- Product of U.S.A.
Internet Explorer users may not be able to view this video.
Apple Pie Crepes A La Mode Ingredients: 2 tablespoons butter or margarine 3 cups Green Dragon Apples or Asian Pears, chopped 1/2 cup sliced almonds 1/3 cup raisins 1/3 cup packed brown sugar 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 6 Frieda’s French … Continue reading
Winter Squash with Apples and Wine Ingredients: 2 Frieda’s Sweet Dumpling or Golden Nugget Squash 2 tablespoons butter or margarine 2 large Frieda’s Green Dragon apples, cored and chopped 1 Leek, white part only, sliced 2 tablespoons white or rose … Continue reading