- Originating in Japan, the Green Dragon Apple was named after the Chinese symbol for royalty.The Green Dragon Apple, an heirloom variety, resembles a lime green Golden Delicious, dotted with brown freckles. It has a firm, white, bruise-resistant flesh and a sweet, low-acid flavor with tropical undertones, such as pineapple along with a hint of pear. The sweet and crisp, juicy texture will leave your taste buds wanting more.
Quick Usage Ideas
- Enjoy out of hand or use in baking. Use in any preparation that calls for apples.
- Supplies fiber and a source of vitamin C.
Selection & Storage
- Select firm, shiny-skinned fruit with no visible signs of bruising (freckles are normal); refrigerate up to a couple of weeks.
- October through November. Product of USA.