What is a Lychee?
- Also known as “Lychee Nuts,” these small, unmistakably sweet fruit have rough, bumpy rinds that vary from red to pale-green blush. Inside, lychees have a perfumy, juicy grape-like flesh that surrounds a single large seed.
How to Eat
- Peel and enjoy alone or add to fruit salads, desserts or chicken and fish dishes. The seed is not edible.
- Good source of vitamin C.
How to Choose
- Choose fruits with in-tact skin and no leaks.
How to Store
- Keep refrigerated in a plastic bag and use within 2 weeks.
When are they in season?
- June through September
Where are they grown?
- Product of Mexico, Guatemala, and China