What is a Shanghai Bok Choy?
- Shanghai Bok Choy is a special Baby Bok Choy variety with smooth spoon-shaped leaves and pale green stalks. Like regular Bok Choy, it’s entirely edible and excellent in stir-frys, braised, roasted or grilled. It has a mild, sweet cabbage-like flavor.
How to Eat
- Braise whole in broth or sauté with sesame oil. Halve and grill or slice thin and add to soups, cold noodle salads and slaws.
- Rich in vitamins A and C.
How to Choose
- Choose fresh-looking heads.
How to Store
- Refrigerate in plastic and use within 5 days.
When are they in season?
Where are they Grown?
- Product of Mexico and U.S.A.
Red Onion & Snap Pea Salad Ingredients 2 cups torn romaine lettuce 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced bok choy leaves and stems 1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas, halved crosswise, stringed and blanched if desired 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced … Continue reading
Vegetables Supreme Ingredients: 2 cups broccoli florets, raw 1 cup Frieda’s Baby Carrots sliced, or regular carrots 1 cup Frieda’s Bok Choy leaves, or Chinese (Napa) Cabbage leaves, shredded 2 tablespoons butter or margarine ½ cup shelled macadamia nuts, coarsely … Continue reading