What is a Stokes Purple® Sweet Potato?
- Special sweet potato variety with purple skin and bold purple flesh that intensifies when cooked. Aside from its unique bold color, the Stokes Purple® Sweet Potato differs from other sweet potatoes and yams is in its flavor and texture, offering a favorably dryer, denser and richer taste with well-balanced sweetness. The Stokes Purple® Sweet Potato is grown in California and is non-GMO.
- Also available in organic.
- Where to buy? Click on the tab above or get the PDF list here.
How to Cook a Stokes Purple® Sweet Potato
- Low and slow! Scrub external skin and wrap potatoes in aluminum foil. (Rub with olive oil prior to wrapping for extra moist results.) Place wrapped potatoes on a baking tray and bake at 350 degrees for 1.5 to 2 hours. The dense flesh of this potato takes a bit longer to cook than most other sweet potatoes, but it’s worth the wait!
- Unusually high in antioxidants, such as those found in blueberries. Like most sweet potatoes, The Stokes Purple® has a low glycemic index, essential for weight watchers and diabetics.
Watch the Video
How to Store
- Keep in a cool dry place and use within 2 weeks.
When are they in season?
- Year-round with limited supply. Product of USA.
Need a printable list? Get the PDF here.
Publix – Atlanta (Organic)
Publix – Charlotte (Organic)
Safeway – Portland
Safeway – Seattle & Spokane