- Special new sweet potato variety with purple skin and bold purple flesh that intensifies when cooked. Aside from its unique bold color, The Stokes Purple® differs from other sweet potatoes and yams in its flavor and mouth feel, offering a favorably dryer, denser and richer taste that is not cloyingly sweet. The Stokes Purple® Sweet Potato is grown in California and is non-GMO.
- Where to buy? Click here for list of retailers by state.
Quick Usage Ideas
- Scrub external skin and wrap potatoes in aluminum foil. (Rub with olive oil prior to wrapping for extra moist results.) Place wrapped potatoes on a baking tray and bake at 350 degrees for 1.5 to 2 hours. The dense flesh of this potato takes a bit longer to cook than most other sweet potatoes, but it’s worth the wait!
- Unusually high in antioxidants, such as those found in blueberries. Like most sweet potatoes, The Stokes Purple® has a low glycemic index, essential for weight watchers and diabetics.
Selection & Storage
- Keep in a cool dry place and use within 2 weeks.