What is a Mandarinquat?
- A hybrid of mandarins and kumquats, Mandarinquats can be eaten whole, rind and all. About twice the size of a kumquat with a teardrop shape, the flesh tastes like a slightly tart mandarin, but the vibrant orange rind is very sweet.
How to Eat
- Enjoy whole, slice into salads or use in a variety of desserts. Like kumquats, they can also be candied, turned into marmalade or pureed for drinks and sorbets.
- Great source of vitamin C.
How to Choose
- Select firm and glossy fruits.
How to Store
- Store at room temperature up to 2 days then refrigerate up to 2 weeks.
When are they in season?
- January through March.
Where are they grown?