What is a Rambutan?
- This punky relative of the Lychee has a spiky red shell covering a sweet and juicy grape-like flesh that surrounds an inedible woodsy seed. The aromatic sweet-tart flavor is perfect for desserts or just enjoyed out of hand.
How to Eat
- Peel, remove seed, and enjoy alone or add to fruit salads, desserts or chicken and fish dishes.
Watch This Video
- Good source of vitamin C.
How to Choose
- Choose fruits with in-tact skin and no leaks.
How to Store
- Keep refrigerated in a plastic bag and use within 2 weeks.
When are they in season?
Where are they grown?
- Product of U.S.A., Vietnam, Guatemala, and other Central American countries
Grilled Tropical Fruit Kebabs Exotic fruits get caramelized then drizzled with a zesty key lime-honey sauce for a sticky-sweet summer treat. Ingredients 1 pint cape gooseberries* (24 berries), husk removed and rinsed well (or 24 fresh lychee and/or rambutan, peeled … Continue reading
Rambutan Mandarin Fruit Cocktail Ingredients: 12 to 15 Rambutan, peeled and seeded 1 11-ounce can mandarin oranges, drained 3 tablespoons orange juice 2 teaspoons sugar 2 teaspoons lemon juice 1/2 teaspoon fresh Ginger, minced Fresh mint (optional) Steps: In a … Continue reading