When are they in season?
- 2018 season begins June 30! Only for a few weeks in June through July.
Where to buy
- Select Kroger nationwide. Due to the Angelcot’s short season, we recommend calling your store to confirm availability beforehand.
What is an Angelcot?
- Angelcots® are a special, limited white-flesh apricot grown in California. They have the juiciness of the ripest nectarine with the delicate texture and aroma of an apricot. Angelcots have the perfect balance of acid and sugar with a buttery, perfume-like sweetness.
How to Eat
- Enjoy out of hand or use in fruit salads, fresh fruit tart, or gelee. Also great on the grill–cut in half and put on the skewers for easy handling. Add grilled fruits to salads or ice cream.
- Rich in vitamin C and a source of fiber.
How to Choose
- Ripe fruit will give slightly to the touch.
How to Store
- Enjoy within 1 to 3 days of purchase. Only refrigerate after ripening.
Where are they grown?
- Grown in California exclusively for Frieda’s.
Grilled Angelcots® with Bittersweet Chocolate and Almonds Ingredients 2 pounds Angelcots®, pitted and halved Vegetable oil 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted and chopped Steps Heat grill to high. Brush Angelcot halves with oil and grill, … Continue reading
Grilled Angelcot®, Arugula, and Goat Cheese Salad Ingredients 1 pound Angelcots®, halved and pitted 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil 1 teaspoon thyme leaves Salt and pepper, to taste 2 tablespoons Pine Nuts (Pignolias) 1 1/2 teaspoons aged balsamic vinegar 4 … Continue reading
Grilled Angelcots® Arugula Salad with Country Ham and Burrata Ingredients 1 pound Angelcots®, halved and pitted 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing Salt and pepper, to taste 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice 1 small head Radicchio, … Continue reading
Chicken-Angelcot® Skewers Ingredients 3/4 cup canned light, unsweetened, coconut milk 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes), plus lime wedges for garnish 2 teaspoons, packed, light-brown sugar 2 garlic … Continue reading
Moscato and Angelcot® Gelée Note: This is an alcoholic dessert. Please enjoy responsibly. Ingredients 3 tablespoons unflavored, powdered gelatin 1 cup cold water 1 1/2 cups boiling water 3/4 cup sugar 2 1/2 cups Moscato d’Asti or other semisweet sparkling … Continue reading
Greek Yogurt Fruit Cups Ingredients: 12 Frieda’s Won Ton Wrappers Olive oil, to brush wonton skins 8 ounces vanilla Greek yogurt 3 Angelcots, pitted and sliced into 8 wedges 3 strawberries, quartered Honey, to drizzle Steps: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. … Continue reading
Recipes from Friends
- 5 Things to do with Angelcots – Shockingly Delicious
- Honey Broiled Angelcot and Prosciutto Spinach Salad – Cooking on the Weekends
- White Apricot Sorbet with Honeysuckle – Family Spice
- Caramelized Angelcots – Vegan Miam
Internet Explorer users may not be able to view below content.