What is a Graffiti Eggplant?
- Although consumed as a vegetable, eggplants are actually fruit as they are a type of berry. Graffiti eggplants are purple with white stripes. These striped varieties of eggplant originated in the Mediterranean, and are now grown in Holland. Aside from the top, it is entirely edible, including the seeds.
How to Eat
- Stuff, bake, broil, fry, grill, marinate, steam or sauté. Makes a good meat substitute in Italian dishes.
- Good source of fiber.
How to Choose
- Choose eggplants that have firm, smooth, shiny skin and feel heavy for their size.
How to Store
- Refrigerate up to 1 week.
When are they in season?
Where are they grown?
- Product of The Netherlands or Mexico
Mini Eggplant and Tomato Stew Ingredients 1 lb. Mini graffiti eggplants or a medium graffiti eggplant 1/2 lb. plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise (or try using whole heirloom cherry tomatoes!) 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar 3 garlic cloves, … Continue reading