What is a kiwi berry?
- The kiwi berry, is a mini relative of the conventional kiwifruit without the fuzzy skin. Hand picked, this delicious, delicate berry has a super sweet flavor with hints of strawberry and melon and a creamy texture.
How to Eat
- This tiny bite sized fruit is perfect as a snack or added whole to fruit salads and cheese plates. Add to smoothies or create jams, jellies and chutneys. Toss into sauces or sautés.
- High in vitamin C and potassium.
How to Choose
- Choose firm fruits.
How to Store
- Keep at room temperature to ripen. Then refrigerate up to 3 days.
When are they in season?
- September to October and February to April.
Where are they grown?
- U.S.A. kiwi berries are available September to October, and New Zealand and Chile kiwi berries are available February to April.
Grilled Chicken Salad with Baby Kiwi Berries Ingredients: 4 (about 1 1/4 pounds) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves Olive or vegetable oil Salt and pepper to taste 7-8 cups baby mesclun mix, or mixed torn lettuce 6-8 kiwi berries, stems removed, … Continue reading
Tropical Crepes Ingredients: 3 cups prepared assorted tropical fruit (such as Martha’s Best papaya, kiwi berries, or guava) 2 tablespoons apricot or peach preserves 2 tablespoons orange brandy or almond liqueur 4-5 Frieda’s French Style Crêpes, at room temperature Toppings … Continue reading
Internet Explorer users may not be able to view this video.