What is Organic Polenta?
- Our polenta is vegan and non-GMO.
- Polenta is an Italian cornmeal dish, served as savory cakes and also as porridge. Frieda’s Organic Polenta is pre-cooked–simply heat and enjoy.
- Flavors include: Traditional, Green Chile & Cilantro, Basil & Garlic, Sun Dried Tomato & Garlic, and Mushroom & Onion.
How to Eat
- Slice polenta into rounds or wedges, then bake, broil, pan-fry, or simply heat up in the microwave. Top with sauces and any of your favorite toppings.
- To serve polenta creamy style, cut the polenta into cubes and mash in a pot. Stir in milk or chicken or vegetable stock, and turn on medium-high heat. Stir frequently and add more liquid as needed until achieving preferred consistency. For added flavor, stir in your favorite cheese. Serve hot topped with meat sauces, sauteed vegetables, or as a side dish.
- All varieties of Frieda’s Organic Polenta are gluten-free!
How to Store
- Shelf-stable at room temperature before opening. Refrigerate once opened and use within 3 days. Not suitable for freezing – causes polenta to separate.
Grilled Polenta Cakes Topped with Hatch Chiles Ingredients: 1 tube Frieda’s Organic Polenta, any flavor 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil 3 Hatch Green Chiles, roasted, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced, or Poblano or Anaheim chiles 1/4 cup … Continue reading
Baby Purple Brussels Sprouts with Polenta Original recipe and photo by Eric Samuelson / Eat Like No One Else ingredients 12 ounces baby purple Brussels sprouts, halved (or regular brussels sprouts, quartered) 1 pound Frieda’s Organic Polenta Salt and pepper, … Continue reading
Sautéed Vegetable Polenta Ingredients 2 tablespoons olive oil 1/4 cup chopped red onion 1 tablespoon chopped Fresh Basil 2 teaspoons chopped Fresh Rosemary 1 clove garlic, minced 1 Japanese Eggplant, peeled and chopped 1/3 cup diced yellow or green bell … Continue reading
Spinach-Stuffed Polenta Ingredients: 2 cups fresh spinach, stems removed, washed, well drained, dried, and finely chopped 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 clove garlic, minced 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and finely chopped 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped 1/8 … Continue reading
Naples-Style Polenta Ingredients: 1 tablespoon olive oil 1/3 cup chopped red onion 1 clove garlic, minced 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped (or used chopped fresh tomato) 1/3 … Continue reading
Sauteed Mushroom Polenta Sandwiches Ingredients 1 1/2-ounce package Frieda’s Dried Porcini or Shiitake Mushrooms, reconstituted according to package directions, chopped 1 16-ounce tube Frieda’s Organic Polenta, any flavor 2 tablespoons olive oil 1/4 cup sliced green onion 1 clove garlic, … Continue reading