What is a Shanghai Bok Choy?
- Shanghai Bok Choy is a special Baby Bok Choy variety with smooth spoon-shaped leaves and pale green stalks. Like regular Bok Choy, it’s entirely edible and excellent in stir-frys, braised, roasted or grilled. It has a mild, sweet cabbage-like flavor.
How to Eat
- Braise whole in broth or sauté with sesame oil. Halve and grill or slice thin and add to soups, cold noodle salads and slaws.
- Rich in vitamins A and C.
How to Choose
- Choose fresh-looking heads.
How to Store
- Refrigerate in plastic and use within 5 days.
When are they in season?
Where are they Grown?
- Product of Mexico and U.S.A.
Grilled Shanghai Bok Choy with Garlic Ginger Dressing Ingredients 3 garlic cloves, finely minced (or pressed through a garlic press) 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar 1 tablespoon soy sauce 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil … Continue reading
Warm Shanghai Bok Choy Salad Ingredients: 4 cups Shanghai Bok Choy, (about 4-5 each) chopped (stems and leaves) 1 cup fresh beansprouts 1 cup shredded red cabbage Dressing: 6 slices of bacon 3 tablespoons lemon juice 2 tablespoons water 1 … Continue reading