What is Soyrizo™?
- This pre-cooked, soy-based meat alternative has the delicious flavoring of Mexican chorizo. The perfect blend of spices gives Soyrizo™ a truly authentic taste! The “meat” is stuffed inside a plastic casing that resembles a sausage.
- Vegan, gluten-free, nitrite-free, non-GMO with no preservatives!
How to Eat
- Squeeze the Soyrizo™ from the casing and place in a non-stick pan with a tiny amount of oil until warm. (The casing is plastic and not edible.) The more you heat Soyrizo™, the drier it becomes. Mix it with scrambled eggs, hash browns, or use in omelets or chili. Also makes an excellent dip when combined with queso cheese sauce.
- Gluten-free source of vegetarian protein with no cholesterol.
How to Store
- Keep refrigerated at all times. May be frozen before opening.
When are they in season?
Where are they grown
- Product of U.S.A.
Cheesy Soyrizo™ Dip Ingredients 1 pound Velveeta 1 package Frieda’s Soyrizo™, removed from casing 1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes with green chiles with juices (or 1 can diced tomatoes with juice, and diced, roasted Hatch Chiles to taste) Steps Cut … Continue reading
Spicy Soyrizo™ Chili Original recipe and photo by Elisa Rachael / EatingWhole.net ingredients 2 tablespoons cooking oil, such as grape seed 3 bell peppers, diced 4 stalks celery, diced 4 cloves garlic, diced 10 baby portabella mushrooms, diced 1 to … Continue reading
Soyrizo Tortilla Torta Ingredients 2 12-ounce packages Frieda’s Soyrizo™ 2 16-ounce cans fat-free refried beans 1 8- or 11-ounce container guacamole 1 cup chopped scallions 1/4 cup salsa verde (green salsa) 1 28-ounce can enchilada sauce 12 6-inch corn tortillas … Continue reading
Soryizo™ Hash Ingredients: 3 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil 1 24-ounce bag frozen potatoes O’brien style (with onions and peppers) 1 package Frieda’s Soyrizo™ Steps: Heat oil in a non-stick electric skillet at 350 degrees or in a non-stick fry … Continue reading