What is a Tatuma Squash?
- Tatuma Squash is typically used in Latin dishes and is similar to zucchini with its spotted green skin. Tatuma squash is light in flavor and goes well with many other vegetables.
How to Eat
- Rinse but do not peel. Cut into slices or dice and boil, steam or stir-fry. Use in Mexican casserole, soups or salads.
- The high water content leaves Tatuma Squash with very few calories but many essentials vitamins, such as vitamin C and folate.
How to Choose
- Choose firm squash that are heavy for their size, have a smooth, glossy and tender skin.
How to Store
- Refrigerate unwashed in a plastic bag for up to one week.